Representing the Accused Throughout Northern Virginia
Surovell Isaacs & Levy PLC is a premier criminal defense law firm serving clients in Northern Virginia. We have a proven track record of successfully trying cases in state and federal courts. Our legal team is highly regarded by law enforcement, prosecutors, and judges for being dedicated advocates as well as honest brokers. We believe that anyone accused of a crime is innocent until proven guilty and has the right to the powerful Fairfax-based criminal defense attorneys we can provide.
Being arrested and convicted of a crime can have serious consequences, among these, are the loss of your freedom and lasting damage to your reputation. Additionally, it may become difficult to keep or find a job or secure a place to live in the future. With so much at stake, it is crucial to have aggressive criminal defense attorneys in your corner. We assist clients throughout Northern Virginia including Alexandria, Arlington County, Fairfax County, Loudon County, and Prince William County.
Virginia Criminal Charges
We routinely defend clients against a wide range of misdemeanor and felony charges, including, but not limited to:
- DUI/DWI — Given the dangers associated with driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, DUI laws are vigorously enforced in Virginia. Additionally, federal DWI charges may apply for offenses that are committed on federal government installations such as the CIA Headquarters at Langley, Great Falls, or the George Washington Memorial Parkway, among others. Our team works to help our clients retain their driving privileges and mitigate the financial consequences of state and federal DUI/DWI charges.
- Drug crimes — Drug charges in Virginia range from possession, distribution, trafficking, or manufacturing of controlled substances to prescription fraud. A drug conviction can lead to imprisonment, even for a minor offense. Our team has a proven track record of successfully defending clients against state and federal drug charges.
- Theft and other property crimes — Theft, also referred to as larceny, is defined as taking property that does not belong to you with the intent to permanently deprive the owner of it. Our attorneys routinely defend clients against charges such as petty larceny (shoplifting), grand larceny, burglary, hiding or transporting stolen goods, knowingly buying stolen goods, and auto theft.
- Assault and battery — These violent crimes range from merely making violent threats or putting another person in fear of bodily harm to intending to cause physical harm or inflicting bodily harm on another person. A conviction for assault and battery can lead to severe penalties including imprisonment, fines, and probation which makes having an effective criminal defense strategy crucial.
- Domestic violence/protective orders — Domestic violence involves any act or threat of violence against any person with whom the accused has or had a close relationship, including current or former spouses, parents, children, romantic partners, or anyone living in the same household. A conviction can lead imprisonment, fines, probation, or a permanent restraining order. Our legal team provides defense strategies to those accused of domestic violence and seeks protective orders from the court for domestic violence victims.
- Juvenile crimes — We are keenly aware that parents instinctively want to protect their children if they’ve been accused of juvenile offenses. Our attorneys defend juveniles against a wide range of charges, including drug charges, theft and property crimes, traffic violations, DUI and other alcohol-related offenses.
- Traffic violations — Traffic laws are designed to keep the roads and highways in Virginia safe. A conviction for a traffic violation can result in fines, points on your driver’s license as well as a significant increase in your auto insurance premiums. A serious offense may also result in the loss of your driving privileges or even jail time. Well-versed in the state and local traffic laws, our team will work to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
Leading Criminal Defense Attorney
If you have been charged with a crime, Surovell Isaacs & Levy PLC will design the most effective defense strategy to secure your freedom. After the arrest, we quickly get to work by representing you at the arraignment. This is the initial court appearance at which you are formally charged and bail arrangements are determined. We will work for your release so that you can return to your daily routine and participate in your defense.
Our legal team will fully explain all of your rights and give you an honest assessment of your chances at trial. A successful criminal defense depends on conducting a thorough investigation, collecting evidence, and being prepared. We will obtain and analyze a copy of the police report to understand the basic facts, as well as to uncover potential errors by law enforcement:
- Did the arresting officer fail to recite the Miranda Warnings (read you your rights)?
- Did the police collect evidence without obtaining a search warrant?
- Did investigators use harsh interrogation techniques, threats, or intimidation to coerce your confession?
Our pre-trial investigation starts by taking a detailed statement from you, after which we identify and interview witnesses, collect and preserve all the evidence, and seek proof of your innocence. By collaborating with a respected network of investigators and criminal experts, we will assess the strength of the evidence against you and challenge laboratory results and scientific evidence collected by law enforcement.
In addition, we will vigorously defend you at trial by considering all possible defenses, presenting evidence of your innocence, vigorously cross-examining the prosecution’s witnesses, and developing alternative theories of the crime. Our objective is to have the charges dismissed or win an acquittal at trial. Depending on the strength of the prosecution’s case, however, we may also seek to have the charges and penalties reduced. In the event of a conviction, we will determine if there is a basis for an appeal and continue pressing your case.
Criminal Defense Attorney Serving Northern Virginia
Surovell Isaacs & Levy has a proven track record of successfully defending our clients against all types of criminal charges. Our seasoned Fairfax County trial attorneys are highly regarded for mounting aggressive defenses in complex criminal defense cases and working to protect the rights of our clients. Regardless of the charges facing you, we will provide you with knowledge, skill, and unmatched advocacy. When your freedom is hanging in the balance, we can help. Call our office today or complete the contact form on our website to set up a consultation with a criminal defense attorney. We serve Northern Virginia including Alexandria, Arlington County, Fairfax County, Loudoun County, and Prince William County.
Surovell Isaacs & Levy serves residents of Northern Virginia including Alexandria, Arlington County, Fairfax County, Loudon County, and Prince William County, with their criminal defense needs.